CISA is excited to enter into a long term partnership with Smash It Sports Canada!
After a shortened season and much juggling to get it all to work we are now complete!
Wanted to give all the teams an update on what’s happening with the league going forward. With extensive conversation between the CISA executive and Softball Alberta, we have come up with a Return to Play plan for our fastball season under Phase 2.
Here are a few details we covered:
- The 2020 regular season will begin on July 6th
- 10 guaranteed , 11 league games will be scheduled for every team.
- Every team will qualify for the playoffs in late August.
- Team Fees will be set at $1600 plus GST. ($1680) Fees have been set up to cover our basic hard costs to run the league and park with no fundraising opportunities as of yet we really have no choice.
In a usual season we guarantee 17 games so we are losing less then half the season.
- For the time being under Phase 2, no fans will be allowed inside the ballpark, but can they locate outside the outfield fences.
- Each team will need to have a sanitization volunteer on their team
-No more than 12 players on each roster, this is to make each league consist of the 50 player max cohort. We have to include the umpires in that 50. Coaches are apart of the 12 unless they are physically distancing from there team.
- Washrooms at the park will be open, but the concession and beer gardens will not be under Phase 2.(we are working on all guidlines to see if possible)
-For the time being the park will only be used for sport and not for loitering
- Each division will be scheduled for a certain night of the week (eg: Mens A on Tuesday) and will have double header games eventually.
- One umpire will be provided per game
- The return to play rules set out by softball Alberta and Alberta health services are be to be reviewed by EVERYONE please review with your team these guidelines must be followed.
-Teams fees are due by July 2.
You will get a schedule for phase 2 only at this time we hope for phase 3 and being able to open the park fully.
We wanted to offer a detailed update on the situation with COVID-19.
Update April 20:
We are taking the unfortunate step of cancelling the Stampede Stomp and Smash it Classic for this year. We are exploring options for the August long weekend.
Our season was due to start on May 4, 2020. We are taking the necessary steps now to delay the start of the season. We have sent out details of how we are preparing, please check with your team captain/coach for those details.
To the teams entered into our Annual Stampede Stomp we plan to move ahead with the original dates set.
As the situation changes daily and we are adapting to the curveballs thrown at us, our first and foremost priority is the safety and health of all of our players, umpires, spectators and staff. We are following all guidelines and recommendations set forth by the Province of Alberta and the Government of Canada. We will be in constant communication with our members and will provide updates as needed through our website www.calgaryfastpitch.com and social media.
Stay safe and healthy everyone.
Way to go to Patrick Burns of our own Calgary A's!
Congrats to TeamCanada on their Bronze medal win 2-1 over @NZSoftball at the 2019 @WBSC.
CISA has been a part of the Calgary sports scene since 1968. We run both Ladies and Mens divisions. We are one of the largest Fastpitch associations in Western Canada. We have our own park where we run our league as well as host a number of tournaments throughout the year.
CISA would like to thank Nomad XPress for their generous donation of delivery services in 2018. They can be contacted at (403) 255-7404